Friday, July 20, 2012

Guest Post by Krystal Wade!

So, I'm thinking of making this a normal Friday routine!!  Have a guest post Friday from different people!  I've had one already, so I'm thinking it's going to be a trend now!!

Today, I have Krystal Wade guest posting on the blog today!!  She is the author Wilde's Fire, and Wilde's Army, which I can not wait to start reading!!!


Forgetting Things

As a writer, I'm constantly dwelling on fictitious worlds with their dark, deadly fictitious problems. Sometimes I'm so engrossed in what these make-believe characters are doing that I forget what's going on in the real world.

My floor goes unvacuumed. My laundry goes unputaway. (Yes, I realize I'm making up words. I'm a writer; that's my job!) My car goes unwashed. My kids go unfed.

I made up that last part to see if you were paying attention. My kids are well fed; though you wouldn't know if you looked at their scrawny behinds.

So, being able to suspend reality is great, unless you have important things you need to do. Jess asked me to write a guest post for her, and guess what?!

I completely forgot.

This behavior isn't unusual for me—even though I cannot stand being forgetful—but is it unusual for other writers?

Tell us the funniest thing you've ever forgotten because you were too wrapped up in your imagination!

Krystal Wade is a mother of three, works fifty miles from home, and writes in her "spare time".

Wilde's Fire: AmazonB&N
Wilde's Army: AmazonB&N

www.krystal-wade.com

Thanks Krystal for posting on my blog today!!!  It's sad... I think I could write a novel with everything I've forgotten!!  There are times, I'm so busy and frazzled that I forget my own name.  Thursday, I did forget to take out the garbage... was rushing with the boys yesterday morning, that I didn't remember until I was at work that it hadn't been put out to the end of the driveway.  Story of my life...

It's nice to know I'm not the only one's who's dishes go unwashed and who's clothes go unputaway (love that!) because of writing.  I usually am so wrapped up in my story that it's my husband who's like... are you doing laundry any time soon?  Then I'm looking at him like... oh yea, laundry!

It will be interesting to see the answers to this question!!  

3 comments:

Toi Thomas said...

I very close friend of the family was turning 50 and a huge party had been planned months ahead. I got wrapped up and forget. I managed to make it over just as they were presenting the gifts.

Sharon Bayliss said...

Shoes. Both my own and my sons. I'll get in the car barefoot and forget to bring them. My son is 2 and he recently learned to point to his feet and say, "Uh oh, shoes." if he's not wearing them when I put him in the car.

Kelly Stone Gamble said...

I seriously put my scrub pants on backward and went to work a few weeks ago. I do home health nursing, and the saddest part is that I was seeing my THIRD patient for the day (a woman with dementia) and SHE is the one that said something to me.

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery