Monday, December 31, 2012

Review of Vampyre Kisses, and Interview with Author Elizabeth Kolodziej

Alright, this is later then I wanted to post, but I got it on the 31st!!  Like I promised I would!  It was one of those things, that everytime I was going to sit down and do it, someone needed something in my house!!!  I hate it when that happens.  It's like they know I need to do something, and do everything to prevent me from doing.  Don't get started on the my writing.... Also, this is my last post of 2012!!! 


Vampyre Kisses is an enthralling story about a young woman named Faith, who seems content with her life, but deep down craves more excitement. Then a mysterious man named Trent enters her world and everything changes. Surprising to Faith, Trent is a green-eyed vampire from Ireland. She is even more amazed to find out that she is a witch, and the last of her kind. 

Faith learns that she is destined to restore her witch line and becomes more powerful as she gains confidence and knowledge, but danger lurks everywhere -- especially when unknown assailants steal the most important gems from the vampire master and werewolf royalty. 

Now surrounded by a world filled with mystifying vampires and werewolves, can Faith gain enough power to help her friends and rescue the stolen gems?



I gave this four Daisies because I really liked the storyline of the book.  I LOVED Trent, the vampire.  Just thinking of that Irish accent... yummy!!!  Also, I loved Faith, and would totally love to be a witch just so I could do all that magic!!  

Faith is in a rut in her life.  Her father passed away in a horrible manner, and she's kind of going through the routine of life.  When she meets Trent at a club, her life changes soon after that.  She discovers he's a vampire in a very frightening way, but it doesn't scare her away.  Also, she finds out she has a vampire kiss, which protects her from getting bitten.  She doesn't know who did it or why, but she is determined to find out.  

She meets a woman named Morgan, who her father was in love with.  A woman who wasn't her mother.  She's heartbroken at first, but soon finds out this woman was a vampire and the one who gave her the kiss.  It is through this woman, that she finds out she's a witch; that she is part a whole line of witches.  Faith is surprised at first, but is excited at the thought of being a witch.  

This is where the excitement really starts in the book.  While walking with her best friend Mac, she is attacked by a werewolf in the park.  After this, she meets the Master of the Vampires, and the King and Queen of the Werewolves.  The werewolf who attacked Faith and Mac is actually the prince.  She finds out that Moon Gem, which holds the blood of previous werewolf royalty.  Also, the Blood Gem is missing, which is the same thing for the vampires.  Both have to be found quickly, as it will be detrimental for both the werewolves and the vampires.  

I loved sharing Faith's training with her.  It was amazing to discover her new power, and to discover she was going to be quite powerful at times.  The man who trained her, Akilah, was my favorite character.  He's a shape-shifter and is the one who has trained all the witches.  He was overjoyed to meet Faith, as she is the last one to exist. I have to say... when you first meet him... he is a huge spider.  I think I would died of a heart attack, as I hate spiders.  

When arriving back home, she finds out her mother isn't the person she thought she is.  Trent and Morgan try to comfort her as much as they can, but she is still heartbroken over it.  Her mother forces her to make a choice, and is not happy with Faith's decision.  

Now... Trent... I loved him from the first moment she meets him in the club.  He is very yummy, and I couldn't stop thinking about that accent.  I love that he was instantly curious and fascinated about Faith.  When told by his sire to stay away, he sees her anyway.  He's protective of her, and loves her completely and utterly.  

Morgan, Faith realizes, is more of a mother to her then her own has been.  They grow very close, so Faith is understandably concerned, when she learns she has to fight Kali for the role of Master.  Kali has been deceptive, and it becomes known that she was in league with one who was supposed to be Master himself.  She's scared for Morgan, but understands it needs to be done.  

For the werewolves, they find out there is a former werewolf who wants the throne for himself.  To get the Moon Gem back, he and a few other werewolves team up with Faith and her friends to get it back.  

Soon, after much training, Faith is forced to make a very difficult decision regarding her mother.  She finds out the woman she loved is more ruthless then she believed possible.  

I liked this book a lot, and the romance between Trent and Faith was very endearing to read.  They cared deeply for each other, and would do anything to keep the other safe.  I was a little disappointed at the ending, because I felt it was a little anti-climactic.  There is one character who I thought would play a bigger role in the fight at the end, but he didn't.  It's known he's there, and it's known that he gets away, but I did think he would play more of a role.  

I loved that Morgan stepped up to the plate with Faith.  Especially when it's clear Faith's own mother is not the loving woman she seems to be.  Faith learns she can rely on Morgan, and considers her her mother almost instantly.  

THE INTERVIEW

1. What is Vampyre Kisses about?
Vampyre Kisses is truly about the self discovery of Faith Scott. She doesn’t know she is a witch and it takes a smexy vampire like Trent to help her down her path.

2. Who are the main characters of Vampyre Kisses?
Trent Callen and Faith Scott would be the main characters. However, certain books concentrate on one species more than others to give each supernatural creature there time in the spotlight.

3.  How long have you been working on Vampyre Kisses?
Vampyre Kisses was actually a hobby for me in the beginning. So I took around 4 years writing it. It wasn’t until I was done that I considered publishing it.

5.  How long have you been writing?
Ever since I can remember to be honest! I would even do book reports just for fun. Yes, I am a nerd.

6.  What/Who inspires you to write?
Inspiration comes in so many forms that it is really difficult to describe. I would say what inspires me the most would be music and who would be other authors.

7.  What made you decide to write about vampires?
It’s what I grew up learning from my mom and like they say “write what you know best”.

8.  I like to listen to music while I'm writing, what do you like to do while you're writing?
It depends. Sometimes I’m good with background noise from the TV but on more intense scenes when I have found a song perfect for it, I will replay the song over and over again. I have to rewind sometimes so it matches up with the action taking place. Lol.

10.  What kind of book do you like to read and why?
I read what I write. Any book that deals with the supernatural as a potential to be what I like.

11. What genre do you think you would write, if you weren't writing paranormal?
Actually, I am starting a Steampunk series and I do write erotica already. I think between those three genres I am able to express myself in many different ways.

12. What advice do you have for aspiring authors like me?  
Research this industry before you decide to proceed. There is a difference between loving to write and publishing a novel. You must read more than two books on marketing and PR. If you don’t become more knowing of the publishing process a writer has the chance of really being screwed over.

BOOK LINKS:
VAMPYRE KISSES ON GOODREADS
VAMPYRE KISSES ON AMAZON
VAMPYRE KISSES ON B&N

WAYS TO CONTACT THE AUTHOR:
FACEBOOK
GOODREADS
WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery