Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Interview with Linsdsay Anne Kendall, Author of Leticia!!


Title: Leticia
Author: Lindsay Anne Kendall         
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Tour Host: Lady Amber's Tours

Synopsis:
Leticia has a dark secret, and somebody somewhere knows what it is. After being tormented and brutally attacked, it becomes obvious they want her dead. A mysterious group come to her aid. They want to fight by her side and help her win the war someone has declared on her. Together, they present a force to be reckoned with. Love, loss and longing put strains on the alliance. Not only must they fight their enemies, but their own fears and desires. Leticia must also face a harsh reality. If she wants a happy future, she must first confront her past.

LINKS:

~~~~~~~~

THE INTERVIEW!!
What is Leticia about?
Leticia is about a werewolf whose past is coming back to haunt her. After spending years in isolation, she finally returns to normality and tries to rebuild her life. However, it seems someone, somewhere is determined to stop her every step of the way and capture her. She meets a mysterious group of people, supernatural’s, who live by a code, “we protect our own.” They join Leticia in her fight for freedom. Together, they present a force to be reckoned with.

However, love, longing, pain and loss put strains on the newly formed alliance. They realise that not only must they face their enemies, but also their own fears, demons and desires. Leticia learns a harsh lesson, if she wants a happy life and future, she must first confront her past.


Who are the characters in Leticia?
We have...
Leticia, is our heroine. She is a loyal and strong woman who also just happens to be a werewolf.

Jackson, a shapeshifter, who is Leticia’s love interest. Jackson is rather moody and closed off, but extremely loyal to those he cares about.

Nancy, a shapeshifter and also Jackson’s younger sister. She is a lonely girl looking for friend. Someone she doesn’t have to lie to. When she meets Leticia, she’s determined to form an everlasting friendship.

Tristan, a vampire and Nancy’s lover. He is fierce, loyal and willing to go to whatever lengths necessary to protect his own race.

What or Who was the inspiration for Leticia?
I spent quite a lot of time driving around the location of Leticia. It’s an absolutely stunning place – mile after mile of unspoiled land. One particular evening I was parked up in one of the pull ins. I looked out and saw the full moon partially covered by cloud. I just had this thought, “How cool would it be to hear a wolf howl right now?” Then suddenly, it’s like I wasn’t in the car anymore. I was watching a film play in mind, I saw my character, the storyline started to develop and Leticia was born.

How long have you been writing? 
I’ve been writing since I was about twenty-four. Before that I’d never even entertained the idea of becoming and author. Now, I couldn’t imagine being anything else. I can safely say I’ve found my passion in life.

What or who inspires you to write?
Music is definitely by biggest inspiration. I’ll listen to a song and suddenly I’m no longer in the room. My story will play like a movie in my mind, then I’ll go and write it all down.

My family are also very supportive. They’ll give me a kick when needed.

Who is your favorite author?
I have two and I really cannot choose between them. I love Richie Tankersley Cusick. I grew up reading the ‘Point Horror’ collections and her books were the best.
I also really like Carolyn Crane. I love her writing style and the characters she creates.

If you had dinner with any five authors, who would they be?
Richie Tankersley Cusick
Carolyn Crane
Bram Stoker
Scarlet Black (I speak to her all the time, but we live across a very large pond. It would be nice to meet her.)
Kalayna Price

What is your favorite genre to read?
Urban Fantasy – but there has to be a love story incorporated into it. You know, the sort we all want ourselves but only exists in books!

What is your favorite book series?  
Carolyn Crane – The Disillusionists series.

If you had the chance to meet any author, who would it be?
Bram Stoker. 

THE AUTHOR!

AUTHOR BIO:

I have lived in Droylsden, Manchester, all my life. I live with my parents, my younger sister, Cheryl and her little girl Faith.
I never knew what I wanted to do with my life until I began writing. This is my dream. I get most of my inspiration from music, I’ll sit there listening to it and suddenly I’m no longer in the room. My stories play like videos in my mind, then I go and write them down.
I’m a very dark person, I love anything spooky, supernatural, or unexplainable, and so that’s the genre I want to write in for the rest of my life.
I love watching scary films, although I find it very hard to find one these days that actually frighten me.
I also love getting creative with graphics. I've designed over twenty book covers so far. I create promo art and even book trailers.
I have had a love of photography from being a child. I have literally thousands of photographs which I have taken over the years. Now, I have a professional DSLR camera and I'm looking to do photography as well as my graphics as a sideline project.

LINKS:
BLOG
FACEBOOK
WEBSITE

THE EXCERPT:

Was this it? Was this to be my fate? Was I meant to spend the rest of my life in exile, isolation, never to interact with anyone ever again or risk losing my life? I stood there, on the edge of the deathly sharp bend in the back country road, the Devil’s Elbow, facing the crack in the hills where, according to the legend, the devil landed after being struck down by God himself; his elbow causing the gap in the hills. Behind me, the street lights of Tintwistle, Glossop and Mottram, shining so brightly that the darkening clouds above seemed to have a reddish tint to them.  The towns would be full of life, people going about their business, most of them happily enjoying a night out with their families or friends, maybe both. How I wished I could join them.
In front of me lay my fate, the steep climb to the top of the peak, then only the seemingly endless stretch of barren land. Their only decoration being old rocks, the odd stream, trees and wildflowers. Nobody would find me here. Not many people would walk up here. The land and weather could be perilous, unless people were incredibly fit and well prepared; I doubt they would tackle these hills. I would be safe and I would go un-noticed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery